Here is my next segment for my blog. I hope you enjoy and find it helpful. I will add to my blog on a weekly basis hopefully it will inspire, encourage and motivate you to get crafting 💗
I’m away on a crafty weekend this week so I am posting a little early so not to let you down 😊
For this week’s tutorial I have used the essentials hearts https://www.tonic-studios.co.uk/products/layering-basics-traditional-heart-1459e and Imagine Design Create stamps http://www.imaginedesigncreate.co.uk
1. Card No.1. I decided how many layers and colours I wanted to use on my card and cut all the coloured card stock to the same size of 41/2 x 51/2″ and arranged them in order.
2. Taking the largest size heart die and coloured card stock to be used on the front. Position and cut the die. I thought it was a nice feature to hang off the edge of the card. I have not used the largest die in the set for my largest die cut layer as I know I want to use this on Card No. 2 as an outer embossed heart frame.
3. Set all the die cut heart pieces aside for Card No. 2. Take the second piece of coloured card stock and place behind the front piece of coloured card stock. Line your die up within the heart cut out shape and fix in place using low tack tape to prevent the die moving as it cuts. Ensure your tape will not tear the card after peeling off.
4. The top layer of card has been used as a guide to position your die for the layer below. Once the die is secured in place remove the piece of card on top and run through the die cut machine.
5. Repeat this process until you have cut your smallest heart die.
6. Once all your heart die cuts have been made. Cut your bottom mat slightly larger than your layered coloured card to give a mat layer border around. I chose silver glitter card.
7. I stuck all the coloured card layers together and cut a narrow strip of accetate ready for my bumble bee.
8. I folded the accetate and tucked the folded piece between the silver mat and bottom layer. To the bottom of the accetate I fixed the bumble bee stamped image. This gives the illusion the bumble is flying 🐝.
9. Card No. 2 uses all the die cut hearts from Card No. 1. Remove one of your die cutting plates and replace with a rubber embossing mat. This will have to be trial and error based on your own die cutting machine. Run the die through with the intent to emboss the largest size heart. This will frame all your die cut hearts.
10. Cut your embossed card to size, lining up with your largest die cut heart from Card No. 1.
11. Stick all your layered heart die cuts within your embossed heart frame and mat onto your card blank. Finish off with Glossy Accents over the small heart to give nice shiny dimension.
12. The final touch.. I used a sentiment stamp from Imagine Design Create 😊
I hope you enjoyed my tutorial.
Have a good week, take care and keep crafting❤