Hi ❤ Here is my next segment for my blog. I hope you enjoy and find it helpful. I will add to my blog on a weekly basis hopefully it will inspire, encourage and motivate you to get crafting ❤
I’ve created this pretty easel card using a fun fold pretty paper dress. I will list all products used at the bottom of my blog.
The dress on my card was created using 5×5″ piece of paper.
1. For the blog this week I’m going to share with you how I folded the dress. The dress can be made using any size square. For illustrative purposes only I have used a single sided 5×5″ piece of paper.
2. Fold the paper first down the centre, then into quarters.
3. From one side then the other. Fold over to meet the furthest crease.
Then repeat from the other side. This will produce 5 score lines in total.
4. Using the already made crease lines, fold the paper as below. This will form the pleat of the dress.
5. Turn the project over and turn back the paper whilst in this shape. This is going to create the V neck to the dress. There is no right or wrong how big you make the bodice of the dress but I turned back approx 3/4″.
6. Push the paper down to crease. Don’t worry if the paper tears or crumples a little bit on the back.
7. I used a ruler to fold back each side of the dress. This will create the sleeves and give a shape to the dress. I held the ruler against the V neckline and as close to the bottom of the dress to allow me to turn back the paper using my ruler.
Turn the dress over. The front will now look like this.
8. Fold back the top sections of the folds just made to create the little sleeves.
You could leave the dress like this which looks like a pinafore.
9. To create separation between the bodice and skirt. Make two creases close to each other. There is no right or wrong, just how long do you want either the skirt or the bodice. The lowest crease on my project was approx 2″.
10. Fold back to create separation. Holding a finger near the crease of the skirt gently tease each side a bit further out to create a fuller skirt and to open up the centre crease. You have now completed your fun fold pretty paper dress.
I hope you enjoyed my blog this week. Please follow my blog and join me on my facebook and instagram accounts for more inspiration and ideas.
And keeeep crafting ❤
Products list :
Kraft card from stash and I have no idea where I bought it but you can get that at any craft store.