Hi ❤ Here is my next segment for my blog. I hope you enjoy and find it helpful. I will add to my blog on a weekly basis hopefully it will inspire, encourage and motivate you to get crafting ❤
I am sharing with you today an idea that can be used as both a hanging decoration and a novelty shaped card.
1. On an old A4 envelope or scrap paper, mark out the size of card you would like to create. I marked out 8×8″. Draw your Xmas stocking.
2. Cut out your template and draw around with a pencil onto a good quality heavy weight card stock to create the base card. I used https://annamariedesigns.co.uk/shop/promotion-products/50-mont-blanc-sheets-12-x-12-card-white/
If you want to create a hanging decoration, then you need only cut one. Only cut 2 if you intend to create a card. Rub out any pencil marks.
3. Decorate the card front (or front and back if using as a hanging decoration) with Xmas papers. I used https://annamariedesigns.co.uk/shop/paper-pads-and-tags/christmas-jingle-collection/christmas-jingle-paper-pad-6-square/.
I positioned the paper ‘let it snow’ and laid alternate paper designs from this. Each piece is hand torn. I alternate the direction of the tear to give both pattern and white showing on the torn edge.
4. Trim away the excess. No need to go all the way to the top. I find it easier to turn over your project to cut the excess off.
5. Cut and fold in half the card top. I used red card. With the card folded I cut a shaped bottom. I stuck one side down, then trimmed the excess. Then stuck and trimmed the other (you need only to cut one top if used for a card).
6. For the hanging decoration (papers both sides), I punched and fit an eyelet and threaded a loop and bow. I also decorated the top with crystals to give a Xmas feel. I used https://annamariedesigns.co.uk/shop/create-and-craft-tv-show/crushed-ice-crystals-glitter-200-gr/
7. If creating a card. Score 1/2″ from the top on the back piece of the card. Holding both front and back pieces together stick the folded tab to create a tent fold card.
8. I finished the card by adding a sentiment and inking the edges of the card front and sentiment https://annamariedesigns.co.uk/shop/paper-pads-and-tags/christmas-jingle-collection/42-x-christmas-jingle-die-cut-messages/
I hope you enjoyed my blog this week. Please follow my blog and join me on my facebook and instagram accounts for more inspiration and ideas.
And keeeep crafting ❤